Friday, October 28, 2011

Owl's Lust

Owl's Lust is the name of my latest red nail polish.  Really marketing people?  Owl's are known for their lustiness?  I could understand Rabbit's Lust because they are famous for their insatiable procreativness.  Even Kitty's Lust.  We all know they multiply almost as quickly as the rabbits. Very lusty those guys.  But owls?  Owl's just sit there looking ....watching ....occasionally hunting and eating a small victim.  Kind of creepy actually.

I'm thinking they must just be running low on catchy names.  It's got to be a tough job to come up with new names all the time for:
"Red"
"Pink"
"Slightly darker than the last Red we made"
"The same Pink as five years ago but we are renaming it so you'll think it's Brand New!"
"Hey, we mixed Red with Purple."
"Look! There's *glitter* in this one."

I see through it all, but I still read the names.  I still buy them.  No one else knows I'm wearing "Baby Bonnet Lace" one week .....and "Hooker's Cleavage" the next.  It all just depends on my mood.

Go ask the woman in your life what color she's wearing.  That may actually be the secret code for understanding her.  And it was spelled out for you all along, right there on her toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment